The last section to Santiago does not allow one to walk the distances one would like to. After Pedrousa, the next Albergue is 16 kms away and I am not sure whether it is open or not. If they don't have heating, they have to close at the end of October. So, I have had to stop here even though I would have liked to have walked further. Today's walk was very pretty through lots of leafy forests and around dairy farms. It rained for a lot of the day but the sun is out now. I plan to leave early tomorrow morning at 6.30 am in the dark so I can be in Santiago by 11am in time for the Pilgrims Mass. I find it hard to believe it is now almost over. My Camino friends that I walked with until I had to leave them at Mansilla to get to Astorga by 22nd, will arrive in Santiago on Sunday and I will meet up with them again. I was very sad to leave them. I am still in very good shape although I have now got quite a painful blister at this late stage - my first blister in 650 kms. I have yet to work out how I will get from Santiago to Madrid airport but probably by bus or by train, depending on the costs of each and their times. My flight is only out at 9pm on Monday.
---
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.