"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " Mark Twain

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Now in Logrono.

Wonderful communal meal last night and then a Meditation with music. After a good breakfast set off again on the road at 7.15 while still dark. After the searing heat of the Camino Aragones the Camino Frances is a lot cooler. I even put my beanie on last night and walked in a very fresh wind today Had a great day of walking to Viana - 31 kms altogether.It is a piece of cake compared to last week . Chatted 2 pilgrims along the way and enjoyed the scenery. I have acquired blisters on my toes yet had none last year. Most pilgrims seem to be suffering from severe blisters so I am not too bad. Passed through some scenic medieval villages along the way. Decided not to sleep in Viana but caught the bus to Logrono instead as I wanted to look around here and buy sunglasses. I broke mine on the first day and have only now been able to replace them. I am staying in a church albergue which provides a meal and breakfast, such as the Spanish breakfasts are - just toast, jam and coffee. I now am in countdown mode for Granon just 3 sleeps away. Tomorrow will do leisurely walk to Navarette just 16 kms and Najera the next day and finally Santa Domingo on Sat. It is only 6 kms away from Granon. Last year I walked this distance in 2 days. Unfortunately my other foot - not the injured one which is fine - is starting to give similar problems much to my dismay. I will nurse it and hope it will b fine after the two weeks rest at Granon. Otherwise I am in good spirits and enjoying the walking. There were quite a few pilgrims on the bus but they have all gone to the more upmarket albergue tonight. I am grateful for the bed, the lukewarm shower and the meal and love bestowed on us
---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.