"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " Mark Twain

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Bercianos to Mansilla - 27 kms

Good night's rest but a late start. It is only light at about 8.20 now (clocks go back on Sunday) so no one stirs until after 7 am then its a rush trying to be on the road by 8.15 am. Lovely walk for the first half then it became a slog for the second half. The first place to stop was only after 21kms at the Elvis Bar which is in the movie The Way. Miriam, Katie and I all found it a struggle. Katie's boots are too heavy and Miriam has a big blood blister under her foot and my shoes are killing me so I definitely have to find some more comfortable shoes in Leon. I am at the Municipal albergue at Mansilla. Its quite crowded but what more can you ask for 5 euros. There is a kitchen here so we will cook something for the 5 of us. Then tomorrow I say goodbye to my friends who will walk into Leon. We have been blessed with stunning weather. Cold mornings and evenings but brilliant sunshine during the day.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.