"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " Mark Twain

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Sarria to Casa Banderas 23 kms and Casa Banderas to Palais de Ray - 28 kms

What a wonderful time we had with Gordon and his 2 hospitaleros from CT - Mervyn and Reb. I think he has got a winning albergue there which has the best shower on the camino. It was sheer luxury to stay there and we got such a warm welcome. He has now closed for the winter. The mornings and evenings are freezing with temps below zero now but the days are wonderful and sunny. I am so fit now and love every minute of my walking. I have lost one of my 54 euros sandals so am using my shoes only now but they seem to be OK. Fortunately Reb gave me her takkies for wearing when I take my walking shoes off. In any event Its far too cold to wear socks and sandals for walking in the morning. Establishments that don't have heating have to close so there are not that many open altho there are still a lot of pilgrims walking. I will get into Santiago on Friday and then fly out from Madrid on Monday night at 9pm. It is a toss up between taking the bus or train on Sunday night into Madrid. Its been a long journey which is almost over and I am now ready to go home.
---

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.