"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " Mark Twain
Jenny, buy hiking sandals. I hiked over 600km of the Camino in 2007 in sandals I bought in LogroƱo and they were great! You'll have to wear socks with them but if your feet are sore, you need more room to move. Get a bus out of Leon to Astorga - or at least Hospital de Orbigo. That long, hard slog next to the highway from Leon is soul destroying. Heavey vehicles lumbering past you for nearly two days. Bercianos is on my top ten list of favourite albergues. I loved the songs and watching the sunset behind the albergue. It seems as though you have been on the road for months! Stay warm and dry and safe. un abrazo, Sil
Jenny, buy hiking sandals. I hiked over 600km of the Camino in 2007 in sandals I bought in LogroƱo and they were great! You'll have to wear socks with them but if your feet are sore, you need more room to move.
ReplyDeleteGet a bus out of Leon to Astorga - or at least Hospital de Orbigo. That long, hard slog next to the highway from Leon is soul destroying. Heavey vehicles lumbering past you for nearly two days.
Bercianos is on my top ten list of favourite albergues. I loved the songs and watching the sunset behind the albergue.
It seems as though you have been on the road for months! Stay warm and dry and safe.
un abrazo,
Sil