"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " Mark Twain

Friday, 12 October 2012

Columbus day

It is a public holiday today and our village is filled with cars and young people who have come to visit their elderly relatives. It rained hard last night and early morning and after the warm weather it is freezing cold today. We have a box full of stuff that pilgrims have either left behind or have ditched to reduce the weight of their backpacks. I always feel so sad for them as I know what it is like to lose precious things along the way. Both Rachel and I found a pair of warm socks to put on. We are bracing ourselves for a flood of Spanish pilgrims who will be walking this long weekend. Our best time is always at 7pm when we can bundle the pilgrims off to mass and to receive their special blessing. It gives us breathing space to finish off the supper without their watching us and being anxious to help wherever they can. Today Mass is at 1pm so Barbara will not get that respite. We are doing mixed ensalade again, a minestrone with lentils and our apple crumble again. 4 more days to go and then I start walking again. I am so pleased I got the heavy walking done first as I am not sure how I will get myself going again
---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.